Hello everybody, I`m an Englishman living in Northern France and because of my ( 35th year as a Diabetic ) Diabetic associated illnesses including recently losing the sight in one eye, life over the last 10 years has become very difficult but I`m still determined at the age of 70 to try and earn a living.
So last March I purchased 1000 Mealworms from a company in Germany, no probs there, I then went out and bought several different sized, and shaped plastic boxes, Porridge Oats Carrots etc.
My only heat source was the heat lamp that I used for my newly hatched chicks, which was fine at the beginning, but over time I noticed that it seemed to be killing the worms, anyway to cut a long story short I end up with about 20 beetles.
I was over the moon, by now I was also looking on You Tube and bought a small stacking system, cut oblongs out of the bottom on a couple and covered them in mesh, its been working very well, I then purchased from Space Coast Mealworms the 5 green sifting pans and the pupae sifter, Brilliant.
But now I have a new Problem, a lot of the Pupae do not become Beetles, they seem to dry out and turn grey and are very brittle, I now have a thermostatic heater kept at a temp of between 85 & 90 and a good humidity, so if any body out there could throw a solution to me,
my Pupae and I will be eternally Grateful.